Curso Data Protection Foundation, Data Protection Foundation, Data Protection Foundation formação, Data Protection Foundation certificação, Data Protection Foundation exame, protecção de dados, Data Protection formação, Data Protection curso, Data Protection exame, Data Protection certificação, Data Protection fundamentos, Data Protection Portugal, Data Protection live online training, Data Protection formação online
Holistic view of the concepts and principles of Privacy and Data Protection
Data Protection Foundation
Este Plano de Formação e todos os documentos associados estão protegidos por Direitos de Autor e registados como obra literária no IGAC – Portugal.
Próximas DATAS GARANTIDAS (*) 08-Jan-2024, Live Training Preço | Inscrição 23-Fev-2024, Live Training Preço | Inscrição
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
Click to learn how > Live Online Training works
This Data Protection Foundation course provides a holistic view of the concepts and principles of Privacy and Data Protection and its applicability focusing primarily on the foundations, concepts and guiding principles that underpin existing legislation and frameworks. Next, the course covers the EU legislation, and an overview of the differences with other privacy laws and regulations, such as the ones from Canada, United States and Australia, among others, and the analysis of the various privacy and data protection frameworks internationally recognized.
On a second phase, the course presents an analysis of the drivers that led to the new EU regulation and the benefits that the new European legislation brings, at a level of organizations (including SME’s), people, internet, social networks, crime, and technology, among others.
Finally, the course ends with an approach to the application of regulation at the level of organizations, individuals and other bodies, including the roles, responsibilities and positions that each should adopt to be compliant with the new regulation (as applicable). The main objective of these sections is the analyses of the application of the regulations at the level of these three main entities, organizations, people and data protection bodies, defining forms of action, rights, duties and recommendations.
This course prepares for the BCS Data Protection Foundation (DPF) certification. This certification is aligned with the requirements of international standard ISO/IEC 17024.
DPF Foundation training course is based on both theory and practice sessions with:
- Lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
- Practice and review exercises that assist in preparation to the certification exam. To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- CxO that need to understand the new EU legislation related to data protection
- Information security professionals, consultants and/or auditors that need to acquire the fundamental knowledge about the applicable legislation and requirements related with data privacy
- IT professionals that need to understand the fundamental concepts and requirements of data privacy and how the IT can support this requirements
- Data protection consultants and/or auditors that need to know the fundamentals of data protection to support their projects or audit assignments
- Anyone that want to know about the fundamentals of data protection and data privacy, and to acquire knowledge of the main Privacy and Data Protection frameworks
Students should understand English as the course documentation is in this language. Also, other requisites may apply, please check the quotation or the proposal received.
- To identify and know how to apply the main privacy and data protection concepts and terminology
- To understand the main privacy and data protection frameworks and related differences, including, OECD, APEC, ISO 29001, EU GDPR, among others
- To identify the main drivers and benefits of the revision of the EU Data Protection regulation, including the benefits for organizations, individuals, SME’s, among others
- To be able to differentiate and identify the most common data protection roles and responsibilities on the EU GDPR framework and on other privacy frameworks
- To get to know the EU GDPR principles for data processing and how they drive the requirements for data protection, including, lawful processing, consent and related with special categories of personal data
- To understand how the EU GDPR applies to individuals, organizations, including on operations related with data transfers outside the EU, and the role and responsibilities of Data Protection Bodies.
- To acquire the knowledge needed to succeed on the BCS DPF exam and become a certified Data Protection Foundation (DPF) professional
- Fundamental concepts and principles of privacy and data protection
- Concepts and principles
- European fundamental rights
- Privacy versus data protection
- Privacy and data protection timeline
- Privacy and data protection existing legislation
- Data privacy and ISO/IEC 27001 relationship
- Privacy and Data Protection Frameworks
- OECD Privacy Framework
- Australian Privacy Management Framework
- ISO 29001 Privacy Framework for PII
- Canada Privacy legislation
- US Data Privacy legislation
- APEC Privacy Framework
- EU Data Protection Framework (GDPR)
- Roadmap for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- EU Data Protection revision drivers and benefits
- EU Data Protection framework revision drivers
- EU Data Protection reform benefits
- Benefits for individuals
- Benefits for organizations
- Benefits for SMEs
- Other benefits
- Common Data Protection Roles and Responsibilities (EU & Other Frameworks)
- Controllers and Processors
- The designated DPO
- Other EU GDPR roles and responsibilities
- Common Roles and responsibilities on other frameworks
- EU GDPR principles for data processing
- EU Data Protection:
- For Individuals (the two directives)
- Inside Organizations
- Data transfers outside the EU - The EU US Privacy Shield
- Data Protection Bodies
- Data Protection Foundation Exam
The “Data Protection Foundation” exam fully covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Concepts and Principles of Privacy and Data Protection
- Domain 2: Privacy and Data Protection Frameworks
- Domain 3: Data Protection Roles and Responsibilities
- Domain 4: EU Data Protection
Language(s): English and Portuguese (please consult BEHAVIOUR for availability on additional languages).
Duration: 1 hour.
Exam type: Multiple-choice questions.
Passing score: 260/400 marks.
Results: “Pass or Fail” quantitative score.
In the case of a failure, the result will be "fail". If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 2 month period from the released date of the exam.
CertificaçãoAfter successfully completing the certification exam, and signing the agreement/code of ethics, participants will achieve the credentials of Data Protection Foundation.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential. Candidates also receive the digital badge of the certification achieved.
The “Certified Information Security 27001 Foundation” personnel certification program is drafted and maintained according to the ISO/IEC 17024 standard.
The requirements for the “Data Protection Foundation” certification are:
The certification programs are only valid to persons (not companies) and the achieve and maintenance depends on the exam result, on the professional experience and the commitment and comply to the agreement/code of ethics. If a professional does not comply with the agreement/code of ethics, the certification is not assigned or is revoked.
||Profissional Experience in Privacy and Data Protection
|Data Protection Foundation
||Data Protection Foundation
(Note: This program does not provide the competencies for a specific function or role, thus, it does not have any personnel certification maintenance requirements).
Our experts are consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in various international standards.
Informações GeraisFORMAÇÃO LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
- Formação na língua portuguesa ou inglesa.
- Recursos materiais da formação online e em Inglês, com acesso online, e de acordo com as condições adjudicadas.
- Certificado digital de Frequência de Formação Behaviour com 14 créditos CPD/CPE.
- Exame de Certificação online, em Português ou Inglês. O exame pode ser realizado até 2 meses, a contar da data de início do curso.
- Se o candidato não for aprovado no exame, tem o direito a uma nova tentativa gratuita dentro de um período máximo de 2 meses, a contar da data de lançamento da nota do exame inicial.
- Diploma digital de Certificação e Insígnia digital de Certificação, após passagem com sucesso no exame e conclusão do processo de candidatura. Este registo não tem qualquer custo associado.
- Formação em regime presencial na língua portuguesa ou inglesa.
- Recursos materiais da formação em Inglês, com acesso online, e de acordo com as condições adjudicadas.
- Certificado de Frequência de Formação Behaviour com 14 créditos CPD/CPE.
- Exame de Certificação presencial, em Português ou Inglês, realizado no último dia de formação.
- Se o candidato não for aprovado no exame, tem o direito a uma nova tentativa gratuita dentro de um período máximo de 2 meses, a contar da data de lançamento da nota do exame inicial. Este exame decorre online.
- Diploma digital de Certificação e Insígnia digital de Certificação, após sucesso no exame e conclusão do processo de candidatura. Este registo não tem qualquer custo associado.
What are the benefits for SMEs?
- One continent, one law: a single, pan-European law for data protection, replacing the current inconsistent patchwork of national laws.
- One-stop-shop: a 'one-stop-shop' for businesses: companies will only have to deal with one single supervisory authority, making it simpler and cheaper for companies to do business in the EU.
- The same rules for all companies
- Technological neutrality: the Regulation enables innovation to continue to thrive under the new rules.
- Certification exam is monitored by an official Behaviour administrator.
- Data Protection Foundation certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on multiple-choice questions.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve the Data Protection Foundation Certification. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 2 months after the result date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
- SMEs need not appoint a data protection officer unless their core activities require regular and systematic monitoring of the data subjects on a large scale or if they process special categories of personal data such as that revealing racial or ethnic origin or religious beliefs. Moreover, this will not need to be a full-time employee but could be an ad-hoc consultant, and therefore, would be much less costly.
- SMEs need not keep records of processing activities unless the processing they carry out is not occasional or likely to result in a risk for the rights and freedoms of data subject.
- SMEs will not be under an obligation to report all data breaches to individuals, unless the breaches represent a high risk for their rights and freedoms.
- Help fight international crime
- Data protection rules adapted to new technological developments
- Increasing the people’s trust in online services
- Increasing the people’s trust in online services
- Makes international cooperation easier
- Simplify the existing rules
- Will work as an enabler for big data services in Europe
Datas e Preço
Clique em “Preço e Inscrição” para aceder a mais informação, incluindo o preço:
Programa Datas Garantidas
(*) All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week and your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
Descontos de Volume
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotéis e Informações Úteis
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<