This Data Protection Foundation course provides a holistic view of the concepts and principles of Privacy and Data Protection and its applicability focusing primarily on the foundations, concepts and guiding principles that underpin existing legislation and frameworks. Next, the course covers the EU legislation, and an overview of the differences with other privacy laws and regulations, such as the ones from Canada, United States and Australia, among others, and the analysis of the various privacy and data protection frameworks internationally recognized.
On a second phase, the course presents an analysis of the drivers that led to the new EU regulation and the benefits that the new European legislation brings, at a level of organizations (including SME’s), people, internet, social networks, crime, and technology, among others.
Finally, the course ends with an approach to the application of regulation at the level of organizations, individuals and other bodies, including the roles, responsibilities and positions that each should adopt to be compliant with the new regulation (as applicable). The main objective of these sections is the analyses of the application of the regulations at the level of these three main entities, organizations, people and data protection bodies, defining forms of action, rights, duties and recommendations.
This course prepares for the BCS Data Protection Foundation (DPF) certification. This certification is aligned with the requirements of international standard ISO/IEC 17024.
DPF Foundation training course is based on both theory and practice sessions with:
- Lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
- Practice and review exercises that assist in preparation to the certification exam. To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
- CxO that need to understand the new EU legislation related to data protection
- Information security professionals, consultants and/or auditors that need to acquire the fundamental knowledge about the applicable legislation and requirements related with data privacy
- IT professionals that need to understand the fundamental concepts and requirements of data privacy and how the IT can support this requirements
- Data protection consultants and/or auditors that need to know the fundamentals of data protection to support their projects or audit assignments
- Anyone that want to know about the fundamentals of data protection and data privacy, and to acquire knowledge of the main Privacy and Data Protection frameworks
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
The “Data Protection Foundation” exam fully covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Concepts and Principles of Privacy and Data Protection
- Domain 2: Privacy and Data Protection Frameworks
- Domain 3: Data Protection Roles and Responsibilities
- Domain 4: EU Data Protection
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The “Data Protection Foundation” exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 1 hour, passing score 65% (26 of 40 correct questions).
- This is a 40 questions multiple-choice exam, with 4 options per question, 1 correct answer.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: “Pass or Fail”.
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credential “Data Protection Foundation”.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
Data Protection Foundation certification program is aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
The requirements for the “Data Protection Foundation” certification are:
||Profissional Experience in Privacy and Data Protection
|Data Protection Foundation
||Data Protection Foundation
Datas e Preço
Programa Datas Garantidas
(*) All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week and your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
Descontos de Volume
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotéis e Informações Úteis
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<