Mastering the implementation and management of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301.
ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course, in addition to the approach to the standard, has included a practical part – the methodology for implementing a Business Continuity System – guided by a case study. More than knowing concepts, principles and requirements, you will learn to put into practice a program, based on the methodology proposed by Behaviour, and develop in training resources and ways of working that will be useful to apply in a real context. Thus, exercises such as definition of scope, identification of stakeholders, creation of the list of documents, mitigation measures for the scenarios previously identified by the participants, processes and procedures, preparation of evidence, among others, are important to allow the implementation of the standard in an organization.
The fundamental knowledge of ISO 22301 Foundation is included, so it is not a prerequisite nor a training path.
Manual updated in May 2021.
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 18-Oct-2021, Live Training Register now 06-Dec-2021, Live Training Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2010. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects).
This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
Because it is a course with a very relevant practical impact, participants are invited to implement a Business Continuity Management System, in the classroom, during training, based on a case study. This practice supports the necessary theoretical part of the training and establishes a clear link between theory, regulation and how to do it. In this way, participants are able to transfer the knowledge of training to the job and acquire a greater critical sense about the requirements and their applicability in the organization.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam;
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Business continuity auditors who wish to fully understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System;
- Persons responsible for the business continuity conformity in an organization;
- Members of an business continuity team;
- Expert advisors in business continuity;
- Members of an organization that want to prepare for an business continuity function or for a BCMS project management function;
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language..
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Understand the operation of business continuity management system based on ISO 22301 and its principal processes
- Understand the goal, content and correlation between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques for the implementation and effective management of a BCMS
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the specific context of an organization.
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to plan, implement, manage, monitor an mantain a BCMS as specific in ISO 22301.
- Acquire the expertise to advice an organization on business continuity management best practices
- Strengthen personal skills necessary for an auditor to act with due professional care during an audit.
- Introduction to ISO 22301 and initiation of an BCMS
Plan the implementation of the BCMS
- Course objectives and structure
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Fundamental concepts and principles of Business Continuity
- Initiating the BCMS implementation
- Understanding the organization
- Analysis of the existing management system
- Scope of the BCMS
- Leadership and planning
- Business continuity policy
- Organizational structure
- Documented information
- Competence and awareness
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Risk assessment
BCMS measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for certification audit
- Business continuity strategy
- Protection and mitigation measures
- Business continuity plans and procedures
- Incident response plan
- Emergency response plan
- Crisis management plan
- IT recovery plan
- Restoration plan
- Communication plan
ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Certification Exam
- Test and exercises
- Measurement and monitoring of the BCMS
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of problems and nonconformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of a lead implementer
- Closure of training
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts and principles of business continuity
- Domain 2: Requirements of an ISO 22301 BCMS and Business continuity management practices
- Domain 3: Planning the implementation of an ISO 22301 BCMS
- Domain 4: Implementing and operating of an ISO 22301 BCMS
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, auditing and reviewing an ISO 22301 BCMS
- Domain 6: Improving an ISO 22301 BCMS
- Domain 7: ISO 22301 BCMS certification audit preparedness
- The Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Implementer", "Certified ISO 22301 Implementer" or "Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.ISO 22301 Lead Implementer is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for "Implementer" certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||BCMS Audit experience||BCMS project experience|
|ISO 22301 Provisional Implementer||ISO 22301 LI Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 22301 Implementer||ISO 22301 LI Exam||2 years1 year of business continuity work experience||None||Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|ISO 22301 Lead Implementer|| ISO 22301 LI Exam||5 years2 years of business continuity work experience||None||Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in BS 25999 and ISO 22301, with particular focus on the family of standards ISO 22300, 27000, ISO 24762 (Disaster Recovery) and their associated standards. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information. practical examples, case-study and step-by-step implementation methodology.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- ISO 22301 is an auditable Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- ISO 22301 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program, aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course geared towards to the implementation of the standard, through a step-by-step implementation process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of BCMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the BCMS implementation project, which includes the selection of the approach, the implementation methodology, among other activities needed to implement the BCMS, based on the methodology presented, including BCMS operation and therefore the control, monitoring and continuous measurement.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 22301 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 22301 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program (*)
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<