This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables the participants to understand specific principles and concepts proposed by ISO/IEC 27034 for AS and understand how they can be implemented, step by step, to help organizations to develop, acquire, implement, use, and maintain trustworthy applications, according to their specific business context, at an acceptable cost. More specifically, the ISO/IEC 27034 framework proposes components and processes to provide verifiable evidences that an application have reached and maintained a targeted level of trust as specified by the organization.
The responsibility of a Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Application Security Lead Implementer is to assist organizations to put in place required 27034 framework elements and guide the organization to integrate Application Security Controls (ASC) seamlessly throughout the life cycle of their applications. AS applies not only to the software of an application but also to its other components and contributing factors that impact its security, such as its technological context, its regulatory context, its business context, its specifications, the sensitivity of its data, and the processes and actors supporting its entire life cycle.
This framework applies to all sizes and all types of organizations (e.g. not only to commercial enterprises, government agencies and non-profit organizations that are using applications, but also to large, medium and small vendors that develop software, application and business services) exposed to security risks on information associated with their applications.
Because it is a course with a very relevant practical impact, participants are invited to implement an Application Security (AS) Processes, Activities & Security Techniques in the classroom, during training, based on a case study. This practice supports the necessary theoretical part of the training and establishes a clear link between theory, standards/regulations and how to do it. In this way, participants are able to transfer the knowledge of training to the job and acquire a greater critical sense about the requirements and their applicability in the organization.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
The benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Managers, such as information security managers, project managers, administrators, software development managers, application owners and line managers, who wish to balance the cost of implementing and maintaining AS against the risks and value it represents for the organization; prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an AS project.
- Provisioning and operation teams such as architects, analysts, programmers, testers, system administrators, DBA, network administrators, and technical personnel, who wish to minimize the impact of introducing ASC into organizations’ existing processes, such as design, development,
test, deployment, operation, archival and destruction; understand which controls should be applied at each stage of an application's life cycle and witch one should be implemented inside the application itself.
- Acquirers and Suppliers who wish to prepare/comply to requests for proposals that include requirements for ASC and Level of Trust.
- Auditors who wish to fully understand the AS processes involves in the ISO/IEC 27034
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The Certified ISO 27034 Lead Implementer exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts and principles in application security
- Domain 2: Application security control (ASC) and others Best Practice in AS
- Domain 3: Preparation of an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 4: Implementing an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 7: Preparing an application project or an organization for an ISO/IEC 27034 certification audit
- The Certified ISO 27034 Lead Implementer exam is available in English languages.
- Duration: 3 hours
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 27034 Provisional Implementer", "Certified ISO 27034 Implementer" or "Certified ISO 27034 Lead Implementer", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 27034 Lead Implementer is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for “Implementer” certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||AS Audit experience||AS project experience|
|ISO 27034 Provisional Implementer||ISO 27034 LI Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 27034 Implementer||ISO 27034 LI Exam||2 years1 year of AS work experience||None||Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|ISO 27034 Lead Implementer|| ISO 27034 LI Exam||5 years2 years of AS work experience||None||Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Dates and Price
Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<