Mastering the fundamental principles and concepts of corporate governance of information technology based on ISO 38500.
Next GUARANTEED DATES 22-Apr-2021, Live Training Register now 30-Aug-2021, Live Training Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This two day intensive course enables the participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing corporate governance of Information Technology as specified in ISO/IEC 38500. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement guidance for Corporate Governance of IT from all areas of ISO 38500.
ISO/IEC 38500 applies to the governance of management processes (and decisions) relating to the information and communication services used by an organization. These processes could be controlled by IT specialists within the organization or external service providers, or by business units within the organization.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of corporate governance of Information Technology;
- ISO 38500 auditors who wish to fully understand the corporate governance of IT implementation process;
- Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks;
- Members of groups monitoring the resources within the organization;
- External business or technical specialists, such as legal or accounting specialists, retail associations, or professional bodies;
- Vendors of hardware, software, communications and other IT products;
- Internal and external service providers (including consultants).
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of guidance for the corporate governance of IT in accordance with ISO 38500
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an corporate governance of IT
- understand the relationship between the components of a corporate governance of IT, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, human behavior
- acquire necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO 38500
- Introduction to corporate governance of Information Technology as required by ISO 38500
Framework and guidance for good corporate governance of IT
- Introduction to corporate governance of IT
- Fundamental principles of corporate governance of IT
- Initiation process of corporate governance of IT
- Definition of the scope
- Corporate governance application
- Objectives of ISO 38500
- Benefits of using this standard
- Referenced documents
ISO 38500 Certification Exam
- Responsibility of directors for corporate governance of IT
- Strategy of IT development
- Performance of corporate governance of IT
- Human Behavior
- The Certified ISO 38500 Corporate Governance of IT Manager exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts, approaches, methods and techniques of information technology governance management
- Domain 2: Implementation of an information technology governance management program
- Domain 3: Information technology governance assessment based on ISO 38500
- The “Certified ISO 38500 Corporate Governance of IT Manager” exam is available in different languages.
- Duration: 2 hours
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 38500 Corporate Governance of IT Provisional Manager" or "Certified ISO 38500 Corporate Governance of IT Manager", depending on their level of experience. A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 38500 IT Governance Manager is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for ISO 38500 certification:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||IT Corporate Governance Manager experience|
|Certified ISO 38500 Provisional IT Corporate Governance Manager||Certified ISO 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager Exam||None||None|
|Certified ISO 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager||Certified ISO 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager Exam||2 years1 year of IT Corporate Governance Manager related work experience||IT Corporate Governance Manager activities totaling 200 hours|
Our experts are consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in various international standards.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification exam.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<