ISO 22301 Lead Auditor
Mastering the Audit of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301.
ISO 22301 Lead Auditor course, in addition to the approach to the standard, has included a practical part – the audit methodology of a Business Continuity Management System – guided by a case study. More than knowing concepts, principles and requirements, you will learn to put into practice an audit program, based on the methodology proposed by Behaviour, and develop in training resources and ways of working that will be useful to apply in a real context.
The fundamental knowledge of ISO 22301 Foundation is included, so it is not a prerequisite nor a training path.
Course manual updated August 2021.
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 11-Apr-2022, Live Training Register now 27-Jun-2022, Live Training Register now
course evaluation 4.9 in 5
ISO 22301 Lead Auditor
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit. This training is compatible with BS 25999 audit (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Internal auditors;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits;
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Business Continuity Management System audit process;
- Persons responsible for the Business continuity conformity in an organization;
- Members of an business continuity team;
- Expert advisors in information technology;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Business continuity audit function.
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Acquire knowledge on the operation of an business continuity management system based on ISO 22301 and its principal processes.
- Acquire the knowledge on the goal, content and correlation between ISO 22301, ISO 22313 and other business continuity standards and regulatory frameworks.
- Acquire the knowledge on the fundamental audit concepts and principles, and on the fundamental concepts, approaches and techniques for implementation and management of an BCMS.
- Understand an auditor's role: to plan, lead and follow-up on a Business Continuity Management System audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the context of an BCMS audit.
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
- Strengthen personal skills necessary for an auditor to act with due professional care during an audit.
- Introduction to business continuity and ISO 22301
BCMS and Audit concepts and principles
- Course objectives and structure
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Business Continuity
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) (Part1)
On-site audit activities
- Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) (Part2)
- Fundamental concepts and principles for auditing an ISO 22301 BCMS
- ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Certification Exam (Exam - Part 1)
Concluding the on-site audit activities and closing the audit
- Audit approach based on evidence and risk
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit
- Communicating during the audit
- Audit procedures
ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Certification Exam (Exam - Part 2)
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
- Documentation of the audit and quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Beyond the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit programme
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor exam f covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Domain 3: Fundamental Concepts and Principles for auditing an ISO 22301 BCMS
- Domain 4: Preparation and planning ISO 22301 audits
- Domain 5: Conducting ISO 22301 audits
- Domain 6: Closing ISO 22301 BCMS audits and concluding audit activities
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 audit programme
- The Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Auditor", "Certified ISO 22301 Auditor" or "Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor", depending on their level of experience.
Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.ISO 22301 Lead Auditor is a certification aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for “Auditor” certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||BCMS Audit experience||BCMS project experience|
|ISO 22301 Provisional Auditor||ISO 22301 LA Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 22301 Auditor||ISO 22301 LA Exam||2 years1 year of business continuity work experience||Audit activities totalling 200 hours||None|
|ISO 22301 Lead Auditor||ISO 22301 LA Exam||5 years2 years of business continuity work experience||Audit activities totalling 300 hours||None|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in BS 25999 and ISO 22301, with particular focus on the family of standards ISO 22300, 27000, ISO 24762 (Disaster Recovery) and their associated standards. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information, practical examples, case-study and step-by-step audit methodology.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- ISO 22301 is an auditable Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- ISO 22301 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 22301 Lead Auditor course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program, aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 22301 Lead Auditor course is geared towards to the audit of the standard, through a step-by-step audit process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of BCMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the BCMS audit process and the management of audits through an audit program, which includes the selection of the approach, the audit methodology, selection and skills of the auditors, steps and approaches for evidence collection and drafting of findings and nonconformities, among other activities needed to prepare the auditor to audit the BCMS of his organization or to participate and lead audits for an certification body, using the best practices of audit according the ISO 19011 and the requirements for certification bodies in ISO 17021.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 27001 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 27001 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program (*)
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<