Quality Management 9001 Lead Auditor
Mastering the Audit of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001
COURSE UNDER UPDATE.
Quality Management 9001 Lead Auditor
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011; the certification process according to ISO 17021.
Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit .
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Internal auditors;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits;
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Quality Management System audit process;
- Persons responsible for the Quality conformity in an organization;
- Members of an Quality team;
- Expert advisors in Quality Management Systems;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for a Quality audit function.
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 9001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines;
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 9001 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications;
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage a QMS audit team;
- understand the operation of an ISO 9001 conformant Quality Management System;
- understand the relationship between a Quality Management System and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization;
- improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, and audit decision-making in the context of a QMS.
- Introduction to Quality Management System (QMS) concepts as required by ISO 9001;
- Planning and Initiating an ISO 9001 audit;
- Conducting an ISO 9001 audit;
- Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 9001 audit;
- Certification Exam.
The “Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Quality;
- Domain 2: Quality Management System (QMS);
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles;
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 9001 audit;
- Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 9001 audit;
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 9001 audit;
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 9001 audit program.
The “Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam is available in different languages.
Duration: 3 hours.
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 9001 Associate Auditor, Certified ISO 9001 Auditor or Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor depending on their level of experience. Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors. A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certification is aligned with ISO 17024 standard.The requirements for “Auditor” certifications are:
|QMS Audit experience
|QMS project experience
|ISO 9001 Associate Auditor
|ISO 9001 LA Exam
|ISO 9001 Auditor
|ISO 9001 LA Exam
|2 years1 year of quality management work experience
|Audit activities totalling 200 hours
|ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
|ISO 9001 LA Exam
|5 years2 years of quality management work experience
|Audit activities totalling 300 hours
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in ISO 9000 family standards, with particular focus on ISO 9001, ISO 9004 and associated quality standards and best practices. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Training material in English.
- Step-by-step audit methodology.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD/CPE credits.
- Certification Exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
Benefits ISO 9001 is an auditable Quality Management System (QMS).
ISO 9001 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course is geared towards to the audit of the standard, through a step-by-step audit process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of QMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the QMS audit process and the management of audits through an audit program, which includes the selection of the approach, the audit methodology, selection and skills of the auditors, steps and approaches for evidence collection and drafting of findings and nonconformities, among other activities needed to prepare the auditor to audit the QMS of his organization or to participate and lead audits for an certification body, using the best practices of audit according the ISO 19011 and the requirements for certification bodies in ISO 17021.
One of the strengths of the ISO 9001 Lead Auditor course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 9001 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 9001 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
No scheduled dates for this course? Contact us: email@example.com
Guaranteed Dates Program
(*) All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants. On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week and your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date. Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<